A Toolset for Designing Web Sites in the Browser
- A set of starter HTML files to rapidly create a living style guide with most common HTML elements and ui patterns. It's easy to design and style these as is or customize them to your needs. Plus there's a blank page, based on the HTML5 Boilerplate. Fill that with content and it won't be blank anymore.
- A set of Sass mixins and patterns.
- A flexible and comprehensive Sass workflow that focuses on giving you a ton of tools, but makes very few assumptions on how you'll use them. Keep your css clean and minimal, go mobile first, or build a very custom responsive site.
- A set of templates for creating Style Tiles, a very useful tool for conveying design concepts to clients.
- Install Sass and Compass, if you haven't already.
gem install survivalkit
require 'survivalkit'in Compass's config.rb file
Terminal: navigate to your project directory:
compass install survivalkit
When you first install or compile you may see some Sass warnings in your compiler. like:
WARNING on line 4:
This selector doesn't have any properties and will not be rendered.
These are compilation warnings, but they're intentional. I set up the sass files with many stub selectors that have no css properties. This way you can fill them in with the values you want, or simply leave them blank. If you leave them blank Sass omits them at compilation, but issues a warning on the assumption that you wanted to add a style there. I don't know of a way to suppress that warning during installation.
These Compass extensions (and more) are pretty awesome.
- Sassy Modular Scale
- Color Schemer
- Compass recipes
- OMG Text
- Sassy Buttons
- Fancy Buttons
- Sassy Text Shadow
Licensed under MIT/GPL.
GPL license: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
MIT license: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/mit-license.php
Except included open source projects:
- BigText: MIT/GPL
- Dynamic-Carousel: MIT
- flexie: MIT
- flickrbomb: MIT
- formalize: MIT/GPL
- FitText: WTFPL license
- Geared-Scrolling: MIT
- Lettering.js: WTFPL license
- PaintbrushJS: MIT
- Respond: MIT/GPLv2
- Sticky-Footer-jQuery-Plugin: MIT
- html5-boilerplate: public domain
- iSwipe-jQuery-Plugin: MIT
- infinite-scroll: MIT
- jquery-lightbox: BSD
- jquery-ui: MIT/GPL
- modernizr: BSD/MIT
- pie: Apache/GPL
- scrollability: Apache
- joyride: MIT
- orbit: MIT
- reveal: MIT
- flexslider: MIT
- fitvids: WTFPL license
- deorphan: MIT/GPL