Patroneo (which is Esperanto for "Pattern") is an easy to use pattern based midi sequencer that handles the three most important musical parameters: pitch, rhythm and dynamics.
This README is just a short introduction. You better read the manual, which also includes detailed instructions how to build Patroneo from source and start it.
Workflow summary: You have tracks with one pattern each. Turn on steps in the pattern to play musical notes. Switch the patterns on and off in a sequence to create a song structure. Connect external synthesizers and samplers to create sounds.
- Website https://www.laborejo.org
- Documentation and Manual https://www.laborejo.org/documentation/patroneo
Patroneo is primarily designed for educational purposes, where the main goal is to teach the importance of patterns and repetitions in any kind of music.
However, Patroneo is a full sequencer you can use to create real music. The constraints it presents will more likely boost your creativity than suppressing it.
Installation and Starting
Download the latest release through your package manger or the code on https://github.com/diovudau/Patroneo/releases
sudo make install
Patroneo can then be started using the Non Session Manager.
- Python 3.6 (maybe earlier)
- PyQt5 for Python 3
- Nuitka >= 0.6 (maybe earlier)
- GCC (development is done on 8.2, but most likely you can use a much earlier version)
- Jack Audio Connection Kit must be running
- Patroneo must be started via the Non Session Manager