what is this?
the greatest website to ever fit in a single TCP packet
- HTTP compression: choose DEFLATE over GZIP because most browsers accept raw DEFLATE output without a header or checksum so it's shorter/faster. #yolo
- send response immediately after TCP session init: avoids 1 round trip (not to spec, seems to confuse Chrome results in Wireshark).
SO_BUSY_POLL: asks the kernel to poll for packets for a given amount of time.
TCP_NODELAY: disable Nagle's algorithm.
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_low_latency: TCP stack makes decisions that prefer lower latency as opposed to higher throughput.
- favicon: reduced gif to 1/2 original frame count, applied lossy LZW compression.
- HTML mangling: closing tags are for losers.
- bespoke webserver written in C
- remove GIF comment extension block, saving 36 bytes (thanks Samy Kamkar)
who made this?
Get in touch today to hear about our 120-byte ad sponsorship opportunities!