Set up a PHP development box super fast
- Install VirtualBox
- Install vagrant using the installation instructions in the Getting Started document
- Clone this repository and cd into it
vagrant upin order to set up the box using the
- You should now have your working
The installation process will create a folder symfony-standard inside
the main directory of the repository. You can now start working inside
this folder directly on your host computer using your favourite IDE.
Changes done there will be reflected directly on the vagrant box as the
directory is mounted in the vagrant box under
/vagrant. Also you
can login into the box using
vagrant ssh and have the full control
over processes etc.
As the provisioning using the ansible provisioner is very fast you can
repeat the whole procedure at any time. In order to start fresh just run
vagrant destroy and
vagrant up. This will undo all you manual
changes done on the vagrant box and provide you with a clean setup.
If you don't like/need some of the components just remove them from the roles section in playbook/vagrant.yml.
- Introduce php_version variable, set PHP default version to 7.0 #33
- Upgrade Ubuntu box to 16.04 (latest LTS version) #33
- Transfer ansible playbooks to roles #31
- Switch provisioner to ansible #18
- Provision development environment using puppet