- Fully Responsive layout
- Use header images in articles, if you want to (add tag "image" and url to the image in the front matter section of a post)
- Minimal design
- Featured article support
- FontAwesome implemented for easy use of icons fonts
- Free & Open Source Font usage
- Fork this repository
- Clone it:
git clone https://github.com/YOUR-USER/mediator
- Install the requried gems (GitHub Pages, Bourbon and Jekyll, Jemoji):
- Run the jekyll server:
bundle exec jekyll serve
You should have a server up and running locally at http://localhost:4000.
The main settings happen in side of the _config.yml file:
Main settings for the site
title: name of your site
description: description of your site
logo: small logo for the site (300x * 300x)
cover: large background image on the index page
name: name site owner
email: mail address of the site owner
author: author name
author_image: small image of author (300x * 300px)
disqus: add a disqus forum for your post
The template allows to add all major social platforms to your site. Fill the the form for each platform. If you leave the share_* entries empty, the sharing buttons below a post are not shown. If you leave the url and desc empty the icons are not shown on the index page, but the share icons on the article pages remains untouched (Thanks to Phil)
- icon: name of social platform (must match a name of font-awsome icon set )
- url: url of your account
- desc: slogan of the platform
- share_url: share url
- share_title: first part of url for the title
- share_link: second part of the share url for the link to the post
The Liquid template engine will magical combine the different parts to a share url.
See _config.yml for more examples.
MIT with no added caveats, so feel free to use this on your site without linking back to me or using a disclaimer or anything silly like that.
I'd love to hear from you at @dirkfabisch. Feel free to open issues if you run into trouble or have suggestions. Pull Requests always welcome.