Adds all required Fedora objects to allow users to model, ingest and view objects modelled as serials within the Islandora interface.
This module requires the following modules/libraries:
Install as usual, see this for further information.
Download/clone the jsTree library to
sites/all/libraries/jstree. Version 3.0.0 is required.
- The "Islandora Serial Object Tree View" block may be enabled to view the full structure of a Serial object. Required to expose and manage serial object hierarchies.
- The "View: Islandora Serial Object Intermediate PDF View" block may be enabled if the Islandora Solr Views module is installed.
- To make PDFs visible when viewing serial objects, configure the solution pack (admin/islandora/solution_pack_config/serial) and check "Display PDFs and sections in the jsTree view".
Preparing and ingesting serial objects
- To create a top-level container object (e.g. a journal), ingest an object with the Serial Object content model.
- Under Serial Level Configuration, set up the structure of your serial. (e.g. Level 1 might use the MODS detail type "volume", and the label "Volume". Level 2 might be "issue" and "Issue".)
- After clicking Next, the "Create Intermediate Children" screen comes up. Here you can add levels (e.g. volumes and issues), which will act as containers for your PDFs.
- Click "Add Another" to create a Level 1 container. It is automatically assigned the Level 1 label.
- Click "Add Another", and a second Level 1 container will appear. You can drag it to the right to make it a Level 2 container. The label will change.
- To ingest a PDF under a given level, click on that level in the tree, and click Manage. Then click PDF Manageement, and add PDFs or sections.
Having problems or solved a problem? Check out the Islandora google groups for a solution.
This project has been sponsored by:
- Florida Virtual Campus FLVC provide access to online student and library support services, and to serve as a statewide resource and clearinghouse for technology-based public postsecondary education distance learning courses and degree programs.