This module utilizes Zorba to run XQueries against XML documents stored in Fedora.
In addition to a functioning Islandora instance with the Libraries API, this module requires the following modules/libraries:
Here’s an example installation script for Ubuntu 12.04. Your mileage may vary with other distros/versions. This script will handle installing the islandora_xquery module and all of its dependencies. It assumes that you have a functioning Islandora install with Drush.
- Install Zorba
- Compile libxdiff from source (./configure, make, make install)
- Install PHP xdiff extension
- Install GeSHi using the Libraries API (put geshi folder in sites/all/libraries)
- Install Islandora Object Lock Module
- Install Islandora Xquery Module
Templates can be added for re-use at /admin/islandora/tools/xquery/manage.
Having problems or solved a problem? Check out the Islandora google groups for a solution.
The default Zorba implementation uses the Saxon processor, which WILL unescape your xml entities! For example, even the lowly identity transform will change
<dc:title>"Things and Stuff"</dc:title> to
<dc:title>”Things and Stuff”</dc:title>. You will get some brand spanking new quotes you never asked for! You’ve been warned!
This project has been sponsored by:
- The Canadian Writing Research Collaboratory The Canadian Writing Research Collaboratory is an online project designed to enable unprecedented avenues for studying the words that most move people in and about Canada.