Playa is a Python web service that streams music on whatever machine it's running under, as well as providing a web interface to manage what's playing.
Playa is currently under development
The current iteration, likely to change a lot:
For now, we're going to assume you're on a OS X, as it hasn't been tested elsewhere.
Start by installing VLC Player (specifically you need libvlc).
pip install https://github.com/disqus/playa/zipball/master
Start the service:
Visit http://localhost:9000 in your browser.
Playa can be configured by either specifying
--config=<filepath> or by creating a configuration file in
import os.path ROOT = os.path.normpath(os.path.dirname(__file__)) DEBUG = True AUDIO_PATHS = ['/usr/share/music/'] WEB_HOST = '0.0.0.0' WEB_PORT = 9000 WEB_LOG_FILE = os.path.join(ROOT, 'playa.log') WEB_PID_FILE = os.path.join(ROOT, 'playa.pid') DATA_PATH = os.path.join(ROOT, 'data')
If you change configuration you'll need to
- Replace infinite directory looping behavior with inotify/MacFS event apis in AudioIndex
- Refactor AudioPlayer public API to be part of AudioThread.
- Add dynamic playlists support
- Add more controls (next/prev track proper, shuffle/repeat)
- Add autoplay/party shuffle type controls
- Add ajax polling to Now Playing interface