#dgov Strategy & Governance
Develop the principles for a highly-adaptable society operating system fit to overcome global challenges:
- Rivalrous environment
- VUCA (Volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity)
Build connectivity / a network
The goal of the DGOV Foundation is to create a highly-potent group of approximate 150 people which are bond together in a vision and by a culture allowing them to build and implement distributed governance models. This group acts as a role-model for (if successful) many independent groups iterating in collaboration on distributed governance models. Provide meaningful connections & direction.
Can get more people from:
- Political Science / Governance researchers
Help to execute projects
e.g. DGOV SEED DAO, Strategy papers
Suggest guiding principles & culture for the world we want to live in
- Maximum integratable cognitive diversity
- Omni-considerative / omni-win decision making
- The principle Life - Change and Adoption
- The principles of wholeness - interconnectedness.
- Collaboration “Act local - think global”
- Be excellent to each other
Council #1 by inblock.io
Setup Discourse Forum for deep debates & research~~~~
Paris Assembly Mar 8, 2019~~~~
- Movement Manifesto is developed & published
- Retreat #1 in Ljubljana by inblock.io ~Apr-Jun 2019
- Council #2 by inblock.io ~Sep-Oct 2019 (Tim + help from Felix, Ela, Phoebe, Lucas, Max)
Foundation uses a Holacracy-like model as a governance model. Check brief holacracy onboarding.
Changes to policies and roles are done through the Holacracy IDM process. Telegram and Loomio voting can be used for consulting with the community.
- Community manager / Council Event Organizer – Tim
- Newsletter Editor – Max
- Facilitators (incl. council events) – Max, Fran, Phoebe, Lucas, Ela
- Mediators (preliminary) – Chris, Loie, Felix, Phoebe, Anuj
- Outreach & Advocacy / PR Manager – Anja
- Designer – Max
Outreach & Advocacy / PR Manager
- Increasing Awareness;
- Increasing Commitment of parties of interest to come to the event;
- Building up momentum (people speak about it).
- Create news and noise around the event; Make it visible.
Recommendation to include (where possible):
- Names (twitter handles);
- Link to further material;
- Link to picture (names);
- Monday: Administrative info
- Tuesday: What's happening
- Wednesday: Good material
- Thursday: Who's coming / People
- Friday: Fun
*Work in progress
- Website / Domain
- Communication channels (SoMe accounts, Telegram Chat, Loomio etc)
- Email list
- Logo / Brand
- Budget (0 for now)
Accepting new members
- Every new member should be proposed by an existent core member
- The decision is made unanimously
- This core member take full responsibility for that member
- Trial period ends when every other member are sure to accept this person
- Difference of trial status is only in recognition
If absolute majority of members vote for exclusion, the member is excluded as well as the person who brought him.
Weekly all-team tactical calls (wed, 3pm CET) and dgov dlog telegram group
Inblock.io events is a trusted company to execute the DGOV Councils as well as the DGOV Festival Athens 2020. Furthermore selected events like the proposed DGOV Retreat in Ljubljana.
We expect other organisations and members of the community to host DGOV events. This is encouraged and supported by the DGOV Foundation if they are trusted parties by the DGOV Foundation. There please always check that the organisation organising a DGOV event is clearly stated.
- any core member can reject, but needs to justify if challenged
- lack of cognitive diversity concerns
Everything should be transparent, except of
- private data without consent (names, addresses, contacts)
- security (passwords)
- budget details, like salaries (low resolution reports are ok)
Being excellent with each other (respect, support, caring). Intentional dishonour of this rule can lead to ban.