DITA Open Toolkit Release 2.0 includes the following significant enhancements:
- New dita command line tool provides a simple command interface
- XSLT stylesheets have been converted to XSLT 2.0
- Processing order of keys and conrefs has been changed to optimize processing speed for many documents
- Initial preview support for many features from the upcoming DITA 1.3 standard
- Major refactoring to remove unused, out of date, or deprecated code in Java and XSLT
- Faster PDF output generation
For details on these and all other enhancements, see dita-ot.github.io.