Clone this wiki locally
© Crista Lopes. All rights reserved.
The Diva distribution is a binary distribution. As such, it is very
simple to install. If you come across web pages with instructions for
installing OpenSim, please keep this in mind — this distribution does
not need anything related to getting and compiling source code
(e.g. git, nant, etc).
Follow these 5 (6 in *ix) steps for installation of this OpenSim distribution.
0) Install Mono 220.127.116.11 or higher. See
for important instructions on how to setup mono for
1) Install MySQL and, optionally, MySQLAdmin. See
for important instructions on how to setup MySQL for
2) Set up your network properly and create a domain name for the machine
where this OpenSim world runs. See
for important instructions on how to set up your network.
3) Create an account in gmail for sending email notifications. See
for important instructions related to Wifi, a diva distro addon
for user registrations.
4) Change to bin and run Configure.exe, the application. This will
start a console application that will automatically configure your
(If in Linux, type
$ mono Configure.exe)
Answer the few questions that it asks.
- If you want to change your answers, run it again.
- After configuring with Configure.exe, you can always change the configurations manually by editing bin/config-include/MyWorld.ini
5) In bin, run OpenSim.exe, the application. This will start a
In versions prior to 0.7.3 (r18222) for 64-bit machines run
(If in Linux, type
$ mono OpenSim.exe)
Answer the few questions that it asks. See
for typical questions and answers.
- terrain fill 21
To update your world to a newer diva release, simply run the tool
Then, shutdown OpenSim.exe in the old release and start
OpenSim.exe in the new release.
For advanced configuration options, please see
For troubleshooting running OpenSim, please see