Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to program your creatures
As outlined in the Joining and Hello World introduction, this game is client/server based. Players connect to the Server using a telnet client. Once connected the player can join the game. Each player has his own Lua Environment. The Program running in each players environment controls movement and action of the creatures.
Documentation is not finished. Feel free to visit the channel #infon on irc.freenode.net if you need help ... or want to help writing more docs :-)
- First Steps Introduction.
- More Simple Bot Programming Examples.
- Introduction provided by nomeata (PDF).
- A Talk by Kazamatzuri (in german).
- GPN 6 Talk by dividuum (in german).
- The default Bot Code.
- Connecting to the game to play it.
- Connecting to the game to watch it.
- Low Level API - The API the game provides you.
- High Level API - A wrapper around the Low Level API for easier use.
- Information on the 3 different creature types.
- Details on the Lua Environment the game provides you.