2.3 release notes
Django CMS 2.3 is still in development
What's new in 2.3
Introducing Django 1.4 support, dropped support for Django 1.2
In django CMS 2.3 we dropped support for Django 1.2. Django 1.3.1 is now the minimum required Django version. Django CMS 2.3 also introduces Django 1.4 support.
Lazy page tree loading in admin
Thanks to the work by Andrew Schoen the page tree in the admin now loads lazily, improving the performance of that view for large sites significantly.
Plugin cancel button fixed
The cancel button in plugin change forms no longer saves the changes, but actually cancels.
Tests can now be run using setup.py test or runtests.py (the latter should be done in a virtualenv with the proper dependencies installed).
Check runtests.py -h for options.
Moving text plugins to different placeholders no longer loses inline plugins
A serious bug where moving a text plugin with inline plugins would lose all the inline plugins when moved to a different placeholder was fixed.
- The or clause in the placeholder tag now correctly works on non-cms pages.
- The icon source URL for inline plugins for text plugins no longer gets double escaped.
- PageSelectWidget correctly orders pages again.
- Fixed the file plugin sometimes causing invalid HTML (unclosed span tag).
- Migration ordering for plugins improved.
Backwards incompatible changes
New minimum requirements for dependencies
- django-reversion must now be at version 1.6
- django-sekizai must be at least at version 0.6.1
- django-mptt version 0.5.1 or 0.5.2 is required
The CMS_FLAT_URLS setting is deprecated and will be removed in version 2.4.