django CMS documentation
django CMS is a modern web publishing platform built with Django, the web application framework "for perfectionists with deadlines".
django CMS offers out-of-the-box support for the common features you'd expect from a CMS, but can also be easily customised and extended by developers to create a site that is tailored to their precise needs.
Web content editors looking for documentation on how to use the editing interface should refer to our :doc:`/user/index` section.
Web content developers who want to learn more about django CMS, as well as how to install, configure and customize it for their own projects will can refer to :doc:`/introduction/index`, :doc:`/how_to/index`, :doc:`/topics/index` and :doc:`/reference/index` sections.
Join us online
django CMS is supported by a friendly and very knowledgable community.
- in our IRC channel, #django-cms, on irc.freenode.net
- on our django CMS users email list for general django CMS questions and discussion
- on our django CMS developers email list for discussions about the development of django CMS
Why django CMS?
django CMS is a well-tested CMS platform that powers sites both large and small. Here are a few of the key features:
- robust internationalisation (i18n) support for creating multilingual sites
- virtually unlimited undo history, allowing editors to revert to a previous version
- front-end editing, providing rapid access to the content management interface
- support for a variety of editors with advanced text editing features.
- a flexible plugins system that lets developers put powerful tools at the fingertips of editors, without overwhelming them with a difficult interface
- ...and much more
There are other capable Django-based CMS platforms but here's why you should consider django CMS:
- thorough documentation
- easy and comprehensive integration into existing projects - django CMS isn't a monolithic application
- a healthy, active and supportive developer community
- a strong culture of good code, including an emphasis on automated testing
This document refers to version |release|
Version 3.0 introduces some significant changes that require action if you are upgrading from a previous version. Please refer to :ref:`Upgrading from previous versions <upgrade-to-3.0>`