HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
djangocon.eu 2012 sprint
Clone this wiki locally
- on the 7th and 8th of June 2012 starting 10:00 CET
- Cigarettenfabrik Zürich and IRC (#django-cms on freenode)
- Core devs and organizers:
- Jonas (@ojii), Stefan (@stefanfoulis), Beni (@piquadrat)
Our goal is a
2.2.1 RC release containing important bugfixes and django 1.4 compatibility.
The relevant issues have been organized into three milestones on github.
- 2.2.1 Must - these issues definitely need to be fixed for this release.
- 2.2.1 Should - most of these should also be fixed
- 2.2.1 Could
Have a look at the open issues and find one you feel comfortable solving. Then contact one of the core devs to claim it. We'll then tag the issue as
claimed and add
[claimed by @username] to the description.
Make a feature branch and start coding. Don't forget tests ;-)
Make a pull request to the develop branch on divio/django-cms. A core dev will review your pull-request, give you feedback and eventually merge it.
Important: We're working on django-
1.4support. But don't forget that we have to maintain backwards compatibility to django-
1.3. Supported python versions are
- Always make feature branches (the
git flowextension is awesome). If you'd use your develop branch for feature development, you'd be screwed if the pull request is not accepted. Also it makes it hard to work on multiple features without cluttering pull requests with unrelated commits.
- there is a special buildout configuration that will install all supported versions of Django in the buildout environment at once. It eliminates constant re-runs of buildout and makes testing against different versions much easier. To setup:
cd tests; bin/buildout -c django-all.cfg. To run:
./bin/django14 test cms,
./bin/django13 test cms,
./bin/django12 test cms,
./bin/djangotrunk test cms.
- jenkins ci: http://ci.django-cms.org/job/django-cms/