Provide an open platform to share DIYbio initiatives and learn about and from others; fostering opportunities and potentials where the DIYbio community can connect, meet, support, and work together.
For the DIYbiosphere to be more than an index, a list, a database, or a directory of DIYbio initiatives. But to be a valuable resource for the DIYbio community and other actors.
The way that we work, collaborate, and engage with other members of the DIYbiosphere community should always value:
- Openness: to enable contributors to (re)use and modify the project and participate in its development, and to keep communication public and transparent (except when sensitive) as a way to encourage open conversations and maintain a memory of them.
- Equality: ensure anyone can participate by creating an inclusive and friendly environment. Encourage wider use and greater participation by making things accessible, easy to use and to contribute.
- Respect: treat each other with kindness and value others' contributions, opinions, and beliefs. Do not be mean or insulting. Harassment and other exclusionary behavior are not acceptable.
- Collaboration: nurture a culture that fosters working together. To trust each others judgments and areas of expertise. We also urge contributors to actively participate and take on responsibilities in the project.
- Community: to permeate a sense of community in everything we do. Understand that we need to work together and depend on each others' work, help, and skills.
We have a [Code of Conduct] which establishes a common understanding of what is deemed a welcoming and friendly working environment as well as establishing how to deal with unacceptable behavior and its consequences.
We are committed to be as open as possible while maintaining a sense of structure that is able to clearly define roles and responsibilities for contributors. We do this by coordinating members of the development community through an organization account in GitHub: [DIYbiosphere Organization]. Learn more about our Board members and Working Teams, in our [Community][development community] page.