A full-featured starter template for
dotnet new to quickly scaffold an Asp.Net 6 Web-Api project using pure vertical slice architecture with MongoDB as the data store.
Install & Scaffold
dotnet new -i MongoWebApiStarter dotnet new mongowebapi -n MyAwesomeApp
- base framework: .net 6
- api/web-service framework: FastEndpoints
- language: c#
- database: mongodb
Vertical Slice Architecture
- each use case/action/feature is isolated in it's own namespace (vertical slice).
- there is no cross contamination between feature slices.
- domain entities are contained in a separate namespace as they are cross contaminating by nature.
- does not use the mediator pattern like most other templates.
- strongly typed app settings which binds to
- JWT token authentication with embedded claims & permissions
- permission & claim based authorization
- custom middleware for putting site offline (maintenance mode)
- input validation with fluentvalidation rules
- account creation, email validation, login
- salted hash password storage and verification with bcrypt
- email queue with background service for sending emails with smtp
- image uploading & retrieval
- data access done using mongodb.entities library
- most data access logic is self contained in each vertical slice.
- shared data access logic is located in the Logic.* namespace.
- uses mstest framework
- uses fluentassertions
Visual Studio New Item Template
a visual studio extension is available to enable you to quickly add a new vertical slice feature file set.
after you install the
vsix, you will have a new item called "FastEndpoints Feature FileSet" in the "add > new item" dialog of visual studio.
Linux Server Configuration
instructions & config files for setting up a linux server for deployment are available in the