This package provides plugins, menus and apphook to integrate your Zinnia powered Weblog into your django-cms Web site.
The code bundled in this application is a copy of the original
zinnia.plugins module, made for forward compatibility with
django-blog-zinnia > 0.11.
Once Zinnia and the CMS are installed, you simply have to register
cmsplugin_zinnia, in the
INSTALLED_APPS section of your
If you want to use the plugin system of django-cms in your entries, an
Entry with a
PlaceholderField is provided in this package.
Just add this line in your project's settings to use it.
ZINNIA_ENTRY_BASE_MODEL = 'cmsplugin_zinnia.placeholder.EntryPlaceholder'
You have to keep in mind that the default migrations bundled with Zinnia
do not reflect the addition made by the
A solution to initialize correctly the database can be:
$ python manage.py makemigrations $ python manage.py migrate
If you want to use the apphook to provide the blog functionnalities under a specific URL handled by the CMS, remember this tip:
- Once the apphook is registered, you can remove the inclusion of
urls.pyand then restart the server to see it in full effect.
The URLsets used for by the Zinnia AppHook.
['cmsplugin_zinnia.menu.EntryMenu', 'cmsplugin_zinnia.menu.CategoryMenu', 'cmsplugin_zinnia.menu.TagMenu', 'cmsplugin_zinnia.menu.AuthorMenu']
List of strings representing the path to the Menu class provided by the Zinnia AppHook.
Boolean used for displaying or not the entries in the
 (Empty list)
List of tuple for extending the plugins rendering templates.
CMSPLUGIN_ZINNIA_TEMPLATES = [ ('entry_custom.html', 'Entry custom'), ('entry_custom_bis.html', 'Entry custom bis') ]
- Remove warnings with Django 1.9
- Compatibility with Django 1.8
- PlaceholderEntry mixin
- Compatibility with Django 1.7 and Zinnia 0.15
- Compatibility with Django-CMS 3.0
- Python 3 compatibility fix
- Better help texts and legends
- Archives plugin
- Tag cloud plugin
- Author list plugin
- Categories plugins
- Featured entries filter
- Offset for latest entries
- Documentation improvements
- Configurable apphook's urls
- Support custom auth.User model
- Fix translations of the plugins
- Fix HTML rendering without context
- Compatibility with Django v1.5
- Compatibility with Zinnia v0.13
- Updating the buildout installation
- Compatibility fix for Django-CMS 2.2+
- Fix issues with Entry.content rendering.
- Compatibility with latest version of Zinnia.
- Calendar plugin.
- QueryEntries plugin.
- Slider template for plugins.
- Documentation improvements.
- Fix breadcrumbs with month abbrev.
- Compatibility with Django 1.4 and Django-CMS 2.3.
- Better demo.
- Renaming modules.
- Fix dependancies with mptt.
0means all the entries on plugins.
- Set menu Nodes to invisible instead of removing.
- Initial release based on