Open source enterprise content management system based on the Django framework and backed by the non-profit django CMS Association. Get involved in the dCA!
Please use the
develop branch as the target for pull requests for on-going development.
Security fixes will be backported to older branches by the core team as appropriate.
- hierarchical pages
- extensive built-in support for multilingual websites
- multi-site support
- draft/publish workflows
- version control
- a sophisticated publishing architecture, that's also usable in your own applications
- frontend content editing
- a hierarchical content structure for nested plugins
- an extensible navigation system that your own applications can hook into
- SEO-friendly URLs
- designed to integrate thoroughly into other applications
Developing applications that integrate with and take advantage of django CMS features is easy and well-documented.
More information on our website.
See the Python/Django requirements for the current release version in our documentation.
We maintain documentation for several versions of the project. Key versions are:
- stable (default), for the current release version
- latest, representing the latest build of the release-3.4.x branch
- develop, representing the latest build of the develop branch
For more information about our branch policy, see Branches.
Our documentation is hosted courtesy of Read the Docs.
You can use the django CMS installer:
$ pip install --upgrade virtualenv $ virtualenv env $ source env/bin/activate (env) $ pip install djangocms-installer (env) $ mkdir myproject && cd myproject (env) $ djangocms -f -p . my_demo (env) $ python manage.py
django CMS Association
The django CMS Association is a non-profit organization that was founded in 2020 with the goal to drive the success of django CMS, by increasing customer happiness, market share and open-source contributions. We provide infrastructure and guidance for the django CMS project.
The non-profit django CMS Association is dependent on donations to fulfill its purpose. The best way to donate is to become a member of the association and pay membership fees. The funding will be funneled back into core development and community projects.