django-nose provides all the goodness of nose in your Django tests, like:
- Testing just your apps by default, not all the standard ones that happen to be in
- Running the tests in one or more specific modules (or apps, or classes, or folders, or just running a specific test)
- Obviating the need to import all your tests into
tests/__init__.py. This not only saves busy-work but also eliminates the possibility of accidentally shadowing test classes.
- Taking advantage of all the useful nose plugins
It also provides:
- Fixture bundling, an optional feature which speeds up your fixture-based tests by a factor of 4
- Reuse of previously created test DBs, cutting 10 seconds off startup time
- Hygienic TransactionTestCases, which can save you a DB flush per test
- Support for various databases. Tested with MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite. Others should work as well.
- Django 1.4 (LTS) with Python 2.6 and 2.7
- Django 1.7 with Python 2.7 or 3.4
- Django 1.8 (LTS) with Python 2.7 or 3.4