Domain-driven e-commerce for Django
Oscar is an e-commerce framework for Django designed for building domain-driven sites. It is structured such that any part of the core functionality can be customised to suit the needs of your project. This allows a wide range of e-commerce requirements to be handled, from large-scale B2C sites to complex B2B sites rich in domain-specific business logic.
- Official homepage
- Sandbox site (automatically deployed via the official docker sandbox image)
- Documentation on the excellent readthedocs.org
- Docker image on http://hub.docker.com/
- django-oscar group - mailing list for questions and announcements
- django-oscar-jobs group - mailing list for job offers
- Continuous integration homepage on travis-ci.org
- Twitter account for news and updates
- #django-oscar on Freenode (community-run IRC channel) with public logs
- PyPI page
- Transifex project - translating Oscar made easy
Continuous integration status:
- David Winterbottom (Twitter @codeinthehole)
- Maik Hoepfel (Twitter @maikhoepfel)
- Markus Bertheau
- Michael van Tellingen
- Alexander Gaevsky
- Samir Shah
These are screenshots from the 'sandbox' example site that ships with Oscar. It sports a simple design built with Twitter's Bootstrap and provides a good starting point for rapidly building elegant e-commerce sites.
The following extensions are stable and ready for use:
- django-oscar-api - RESTful JSON API for django-oscar
- django-oscar-adyen - Integration with the Adyen payment gateway
- django-oscar-datacash - Integration with the DataCash payment gateway
- django-oscar-paypal - Integration with PayPal. This currently supports both Express Checkout and PayFlow Pro.
- django-oscar-paymentexpress - Integration with the Payment Express payment gateway
- django-oscar-accounts - Managed accounts (can be used for giftcard functionality and loyalty schemes)
- django-oscar-stores - Physical stores integration (opening hours, store locator etc)
- django-oscar-eway - Integration with the eWay payment gateway.
- django-oscar-sagepay-direct - Integration with "DIRECT" part of Sagepay's API
- django_oscar_docdata - Integration with Docdata payment gateway.
- django_oscar_invoices - Invoices or receipts generation for the Oscar
The following are community-written extensions:
- django-oscar-payments - Pluggable payments for Oscar
- django-oscar-recurly - Integration with the Recurly payment gateway
- django-oscar-przelewy24 - Integration with the Przelewy24 payment gateway
- oscar-sagepay - Payment integration with Sage Pay
- django-oscar-sofortueberweisung - Integration with SOFORT
- django-oscar-support - Customer services and ticketing plugin for Oscar
- django-oscar-api-checkout - Oscar API Checkout is a layer on top of django-oscar and django-oscar-api, adding support for more complex and multiple payment options during an API checkout.
- django-oscar-bundles - Oscar Bundles adds multi-product bundles to django-oscar.
- django-oscar-bluelight - Bluelight Specials is a layer on-top of django-oscar that adds support for more complex offers and vouchers, including conjunctive and disjunctive compound conditions.
- django-oscar-cch - Oscar CCH is a plugin for django-oscar adding support for calculating taxes using the Wolters Kluwer CCH Sales Tax Office SOAP API.
- django-oscar-cybersource - Oscar CyberSource is a plugin for Oscar API Checkout that makes it possible to use CyberSource Secure Acceptance Silent Order Post as an order payment method.
- django-oscar-wfrs - Oscar WFRS is a plugin for django-oscar-api-checkout that makes it possible to use Wells Fargo Retail Services as an order payment method.
Let us know if you're writing a new one!
Videos with talks about Oscar:
- An introduction to Django-oscar by David Winterbottom, DjangoCon Europe 2014
- Oscar and the art of transactional Django applications by David Winterbottom, PyCon PL 2014
- The Tale of Oscar and the API by Kees Hink, PyGrunn 2017
Oscar is still in active development but is used in production by a range of companies, from large multinationals to small, boutique stores. See http://oscarcommerce.com/cases.html for an overview.
Many more on the way. If you use Oscar in production, please let us know.
If you are interested in having an Oscar project built for you, or for development of an existing Oscar site then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.