Hi Daniel, I've added an ldap module with tests to net-ping. It helps go beyond simple tcp tests and actually talk LDAP to bind/verify. I've also removed a deprecated gemspec element but left the version and other details as before.
Added initial Net::Ping::LDAP implementation
* LDAP protocol-specific ping
* added Gemfile for bundler
* removed deprecated gemspec elements
Add ping/ldap include to main project
Looks pretty good, thanks. The only mistake I noticed was the documentation for intialize.
I'll pull after you fix the docs. Also, I don't want Gemfiles in my project.
Update Ping::LDAP documentation
* removed Gemfile from the project
Hi Daniel, here you go .. updated the docs and removed the Gemfile. I think you should see the pull request now includes updated commit range.
Cheers, and thanks for the library .. have you really been maintaining this since 2002? Impressive!
bad ping after good should unset duration
* in 1.4.1, a bad ping after a good ping will leave @duration set at the result of the good ping. I'd expect it to unset @duration .. this commit includes a test and a fix for this behaviour
Add Ping::LDAP test for bad ping after good