mu4e: an e-mail client for emacs
Starting with version 0.9.8, mu provides an emacs-based e-mail client which
mu as its back-end: mu4e.
mu4e sits on top of your Maildir (which you update with
mu4e is designed to enable
super-efficient handling of e-mail; searching, reading, replying, moving,
deleting. The overall ‘feel’ is a bit of a mix of
dired and Wanderlust.
- Fully search-based: there are no folders, only queries
- UI optimized for speed with quick key strokes for common actions
- Fully documented, with example configurations
- Asynchronous: heavy actions never block emacs
- Write rich-text e-mails using
- Address auto-completion based on your messages – no need for managing address books
- Extendable in many places using custom actions
Here are some screenshots.
The main view
The headers view
The message view
The message/headers split view (0.9.8.4)
The message/headers split view, and speedbar support.
View message as pdf (0.9.8.4)
License & Copyright
mu4e was designed and implemented by Dirk-Jan C. Binnema, and is Free Software, licensed under the GNU GPLv3