Mu - Old News
- 2011-07-31: mu 0.9.7-pre is now available with a number of interesting
new features and fixes, many based on user suggestions.
munow supports mail threading based on the JWZ-algorithm; output is now automatically converted to the user-locale;
mu viewcan output separators between messages for easier processing, support for X-Label-tags, and last but not least,
munow has bindings for the Guile (Scheme) programming language - there is a new toy (
toys/muile) that allows you to inspect messages and do all kinds of statistics - see the README for more information.
- 2011-06-02: after quite a bit of testing, 0.9.6 has been promoted to be the next release – forget about the ‘bèta’. Development continues for the next release.
- 2011-05-28: mu-0.9.6 (bèta). A lot of internal changes, but also quite
some new features, for example:
- wild-card searching for most fields: mu find ‘car*’
- search for message with certain attachments with ‘attach:/a:’: mu find ‘attach:resume*’
- color for
Everything is documented in the man-pages, and there are examples in the mu cheatsheet.
- 2011-04-25: mu-0.9.5 a small, but important, bugfix in maildir-detection, some small optimizations.
- 2011-04-12: mu 0.9.4 released - adds the
cfindcommand, to find contacts (name + e-mail); add
flag:unreadwhich is a synonym for
flag:new OR NOT flag:seen. Updates to the documentation and some internal updates. This is a bèta-version.
- 2011-02-13: mu 0.9.3; fixes a bunch of minor issues in 0.9.2; updated the web page with pages for mug (the experimental UI) and the mu cheatsheet.
- 2011-02-02: mu 0.9.2 released, which adds support for matching on message size, and various new output format. See NEWS for all the user-visible changes, also from older releases.
- [2010-12-05] mu version 0.9.1 released; fixes a couple of issues users found with a missing icon, the unit-tests.
- [2010-12-04] mu version 0.9 released. Compared to the bèta-release, there were a number of improvements to the documentation and the unit tests. Pre-processing queries is a little bit smarter now, making matching e-mail address more eager. Experimental support for Fedora-14.
- [2010-11-27] mu version 0.9-beta released. New features: searching is now
accent-insensitive; you can now search for message priority (
prio:), time-interval (
date:) and message flags (
flag:). Also, you can now store (‘bookmark’) often-used queries. To top it off, there is a simple graphical UI now, called
mug. Documentation has been update, and all known bugs have been fixed.
- [2010-10-30] mu version 0.8 released, with only some small cosmetic updates compared to 0.8-beta. Hurray!
- [2010-10-23] mu version 0.8-beta released. The new version brings
mu extractfor getting the attachments from messages, improved searching (matching is a bit more ‘greedy’), updated and extended documentation, including the
mu-easymanpage with simple examples. All known non-enhancement bugs were fixed.
- [2010-02-27] mu version 0.7 released. Compared to the beta version, there
are few changes. The maildir-matching syntax now contains a starting
~/Maildir/foo/bar/(cur|new)/msgcan be matched with
m:/foo/bar. The top-level maildir can be matched with
m:/. Apart from that, there are so small cosmetic fixes and documentation updates.
- [2010-02-11] mu version 0.7-beta released. A lot of changes:
- Automatic database scheme version check, notifies users when an
upgrade is needed
- Adds the
mu viewcommand, to view mail message files
- Removes the 10K match limit
- Support for unattended upgrades - that is, the database can
automatically be upgraded (
--autoupgrade). Also, the log file is automatically cleaned when it gets too big (unless you use
- Search for a certain Maildir using the
maildir:,=m:= search prefixes. For example, you can find all messages located in
m:foo/bar. This replaces the search for path/p in 0.6
- Fixes for reported issues #17 and #18
- A test suite with a growing number of unit tests
- Updated documentation
- Many internal refactoring and other changes
This version has been tagged as
v0.7-betain repository, and must be considered a code-complete preview of the upcoming release 0.7. Please report any problems you encounter with it.
- Adds the