Mu - Old News
- [2010-12-05] mu version 0.9.1 released; fixes a couple of issues users found with a missing icon, the unit-tests.
- [2010-12-04] mu version 0.9 released. Compared to the bèta-release, there were a number of improvements to the documentation and the unit tests. Pre-processing queries is a little bit smarter now, making matching e-mail address more eager. Experimental support for Fedora-14.
- [2010-11-27] mu version 0.9-beta released. New features: searching is now
accent-insensitive; you can now search for message priority (
prio:), time-interval (
date:) and message flags (
flag:). Also, you can now store (‘bookmark’) often-used queries. To top it off, there is a simple graphical UI now, called
mug. Documentation has been update, and all known bugs have been fixed.
- [2010-10-30] mu version 0.8 released, with only some small cosmetic updates compared to 0.8-beta. Hurray!
- [2010-10-23] mu version 0.8-beta released. The new version brings
mu extractfor getting the attachments from messages, improved searching (matching is a bit more ‘greedy’), updated and extended documentation, including the
mu-easymanpage with simple examples. All known non-enhancement bugs were fixed.
- [2010-02-27] mu version 0.7 released. Compared to the beta version, there
are few changes. The maildir-matching syntax now contains a starting
~/Maildir/foo/bar/(cur|new)/msgcan be matched with
m:/foo/bar. The top-level maildir can be matched with
m:/. Apart from that, there are so small cosmetic fixes and documentation updates.
- [2010-02-11] mu version 0.7-beta released. A lot of changes:
- Automatic database scheme version check, notifies users when an
upgrade is needed
- Adds the
mu viewcommand, to view mail message files
- Removes the 10K match limit
- Support for unattended upgrades - that is, the database can
automatically be upgraded (
--autoupgrade). Also, the log file is automatically cleaned when it gets too big (unless you use
- Search for a certain Maildir using the
maildir:,=m:= search prefixes. For example, you can find all messages located in
m:foo/bar. This replaces the search for path/p in 0.6
- Fixes for reported issues #17 and #18
- A test suite with a growing number of unit tests
- Updated documentation
- Many internal refactoring and other changes
This version has been tagged as
v0.7-betain repository, and must be considered a code-complete preview of the upcoming release 0.7. Please report any problems you encounter with it.
- Adds the
© 2011 Dirk-Jan C. Binnema