Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
After a decade of development, mu 1.0!
- New, custom query parser which replaces Xapian's 'QueryParser' both in mu and mu4e. Existing queries should still work, but the new engine handles non-alphanumeric queries much better. - Support regular expressions in queries (with the new query engine), e.g. "subject:/foo.*bar/". See the new `mu-query` and updated `mu-easy` manpages for examples. - cfind: ensure nicks are unique - auxiliary programs invoked from mu/mu4e survive terminating the shell / emacs
- Allow for rewriting message bodies - Toggle-menus for header settings - electric-quote-(local-)mode work when composing emails - Respect format=flowed and delsp=yes for viewing plain-text messages - Added new mu4e-split-view mode: single-window - Add menu item for `untrash'.p - Unbreak abbrevs in mu4e-compose-mode - Allow forwarding messages as attachments (`mu4e-compose-forward-as-attachment') - Default to 'skip duplicates' and 'include headers' in headers-view, which should be good defaults for most users. Can be customized using `mu4e-headers-skip-duplicates' and `mu4e-headers-include-related', respectively. - Many bug fixed (see github for all the details). - Updated documentation
Contributors for this release:
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason, Alex Bennée, Arne Köhn, Christophe Troestler, Damien Garaud, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema, galaunay, Hong Xu, Ian Kelling, John Whitbeck, Josiah Schwab, Jun Hao, Krzysztof Jurewicz, maxime, Mekeor Melire, Nathaniel Nicandro, Ronald Evers, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry, Sébastien Le Callonnec, Stig Brautaset, Thierry Volpiatto, Titus von der Malsburg, Vladimir Sedach, Wataru Ashihara, Yuri D'Elia. And all the people on the mailing-list and in github, with bug reports, questions and suggestions.
Note, the pre-configured tarball(
mu-1.0-alpha0.tar.xz) below is recommended, so you can do the familiar
./configure && make.
- Increase the default maximum size for messages to index to 500
Mb; you can customize this using the --max-msg-size parameter to
- implement "lazy-checking", which makes mu not descend into
subdirectories when the directory-timestamp is up to date;
greatly speeds up indexing (see --lazy-check)
- prefer gpg2 for crypto
- fix a crash when running on OpenBSD
- fix --clear-links (broken filenames)
mu4e-action-view-with-xwidget, and action for viewing
e-mails inside a Webkit-widget inside emacs (requires emacs 25.x
with xwidget/webkit/gtk3 support)
- Explicitly specify utf8 for external html viewing, so browsers
can handle it correctly.
- Make `shr' the default renderer for rich-text emails (when
- Add a :user-agent field to the message-sexp (in mu4e-view), which
is either the User-Agent or X-Mailer field, when present.
- Cleanly handle early exits from message composition as well as
- Allow for resending existing messages, possibly editing them. M-x
mu4e-compose-resend, or use the menu; no shortcut.
- Better handle the closing of separate compose frames
- Improved font-locking for the compose buffers, and more extensive
checks for cited parts.
- automatically sign/encrypt replies to signed/encrypted messages
(subject to `mu4e-compose-crypto-reply-policy')
searching & marking
- Add a hook
mu4e-mark-execute-pre-hook, which is run just before
- Just before executing any search, a hook-function
mu4e-headers-search-hookis invoked, which receives the
search expression as its parameter.
- In addition, there's a
gets called when searches get invoked as a bookmark (note that
mu4e-headers-search-hookwill also be called just
afterwards). This hook also receives the search expression as its
- Remove the 'z' keybinding for leaving the headers
view. Keybindings are precious!
- Fix parentheses/precedence in narrowing search terms
- Allow for indexing in the background; see
- Better handle mbsync output in the update buffer
- Add variables mu4e-index-cleanup and mu4e-index-lazy to enable
lazy checking from mu4e; you can sit from mu4e using something
(setq mu4e-index-cleanup nil ;; don't do a full cleanup check mu4e-index-lazy-check t) ;; don't consider up-to-date dirs
- don't overwrite global-mode-string, append to it.
- Make org-links (and more general, all users of
mu4e-view-message-with-message-id) use a headers buffer, then
view the message. This way, those linked message are just like
any other, and can be deleted, moved etc.
- Support org-mode 9.x
- Improve file-name escaping, and make it support non-ascii filenames
- Attempt to jump to the same messages after a re-search update operation
- Add action for spam-filter options
- Let `mu4e~read-char-choice' become case-insensitive if there is
no exact match; small convenience that affects most the
single-char option-reading in mu4e.
- an experimental Perl binding ("mup") is available now. See
perl/README.md for details.
Aaron LI, Abdo Roig-Maranges, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason, Alex Bennée, Allen, Anders Johansson, Antoine Levitt, Arthur Lee, attila, Charles-H. Schulz, Christophe Troestler, Chunyang Xu, Dirk-Jan C. Binnema, Jakub Sitnicki, Josiah Schwab, jsrjenkins, Jun Hao, Klaus Holst, Lukas Fürmetz, Magnus Therning, Maximilian Matthe, Nicolas Richard, Piotr Trojanek, Prashant Sachdeva, Remco van 't Veer, Stephen Eglen, Stig Brautaset, Thierry Volpiatto, Thomas Moulia, Titus von der Malsburg, Yuri D'Elia
Getting the package
Download the official tarball.
Note, the below files are not complete releases, and require a full autotools setup. So, better pick the official one!