News Module for BrowserCMS
A module to create and display News Items or Press Releases content.
- News Articles - Contributors can create News Articles with attributes like release date, title, summary, body and an attachment.
- Friendly URLs - Each news article will have its own unique path created automatically based on its name. Published article can be accessed via these paths.
- RSS - Visitors can subscribe to an RSS feed that displays the most recent 15 News Articles.
- Recent News - Contributors can show the most recent few articles (via a Portlet) on any page. The exact # of articles shown can be configured.
- Archive - Visitors can browse all past articles. By default, the portlet will display articles in reverse chronological order, grouped by month.
- Categorized - Uses the core Category module to allow each News Article to marked for a particular Category. Both the Recent News and Archive can be configured to show articles only in a particular category.
- Configurable Views - Each portlet's view can be edited via the CMS UI to be tweaked for any site design.
- News Section - A top level 'News' section will be created along with several pages designed to handle the above features will be created.
The news module uses the standard BrowserCMS module instructions as detailed here: http://guides.browsercms.org/installing_modules.html
The news module will create several pages under a 'News' section in the root of the Sitemap. Contributors will need to publish these pages via the sitemap in order for them to display in the menus.