My Morning Coffee
Scaffolding for basic node.js app that is ready to deploy on a CloudFoundry service like AppFog.
This project consists of the following components.
- CoffeeScript as the programming language.
- Locomotive.js (based on Express.js)
- Bootstrap for look and feel (works well with Less)
- Bootswatch for Boostrap themes
- Mongoose for MongoDB ORM
- Bootstrap a web application
- Great for hackathons, just checkout the code and you're ready to go
To run the app simply run the following command:
$ node start
start.js file will kick off the CoffeeScript app.
Here are deployment instructions for various Platform as a Service environments.
AppFog (Cloud Foundry based)
$ gem install af $ af login $ af push
$ af update <ap-name>
- Twitter authentication
- Facebook authentication
Generated the express app using the following command line:
express --sessions --css less my-morning-coffee
- Switched from express to a branched version of Locomotive.js (includes CoffeeScript support)
- Added mongoose and an example of using the models directory