A Tilemap Platformer
To play on Windows or Linux - go to the releases link and download the game.
To play on the web, here's the WebGL link: http://server.ericsbinaryworld.com/WebGL/TilevaniaWebGL/
Video of v0.1: https://youtu.be/umU24tzSXFo
Rigidbody on enemy causes issues: https://youtu.be/sZdUlxA_JhY
Visual and Audio Credits
What I've done since finishing this section of the class
- Well, the video is based on their 2017 class so I already had to modify player input based on what I learned in earlier sections of the class (which were done on Unity 2018)
- Had to also do a few mods based on how prefabs are now handled.
What I learned in this module of the class
- Using Unity Tilemap to create levels
- Using rule tiles to make painting a level happen somewhat automatically and be less of a PITA
- If you load more levels into hierarchy, you can see multiple scenes at once to visualize level flow
- Gating technique - for example, make the cliff so large the player can't jump back up and get back to the beginning