Partially random passwords (PoC)
this demo project shows how we can implement a system with partially random passwords, to protect users passwords from keyloggers
How to install
- clone the repo and create a new database
.envfile and update the following
DB_DATABASE=DB_NAME DB_USERNAME=DB_USERNAME DB_PASSWORD=DB_PASSWORD
- install the dependencies of the demo
cd partially-random-passwords composer install
-after the installation ends, you can view the launch the demo:
php artisan serve
and then visit
How to test
- Register a new account
- Login and click on your username (upper right corner), and choose a new password and the details of the random part (position and length)
- Logout and try to login with the email address you used to register and your password. you should see an error message.
- try to login again but this time use the random part with your password. the login should be successful
- logout and try to login again with the same password and the same random part, you should see and error message telling you that the password was used before.
- logout and try to login again using a different random part. the login should be successful this time as well.