Bullets.vim is a Vim plugin for automated bullet lists.
Then source your bundle file and run
In markdown or a text file start a bulleted list using
*. Press return
to go to the next line, a new list item will be created.
You can choose which file types this plugin will work on:
" Bullets.vim let g:bullets_enabled_file_types = [ \ 'markdown', \ 'text', \ 'gitcommit', \ 'scratch' \]
Just add above to your .vimrc
The test suite is written using vimrunner. It is known to run on macOS with MacVim installed, and on travis. Your vim must have
+clientserver and either have its own GUI or in a virtual X11 window.
On your mac run:
bundle install bundle exec rspec
bundle install xvfb-run bundle exec rspec
You should see a Vim window open which will run each test, same general idea as
Capybara integration testing.
- eliminate trailing bullet on previous line if user pressed twice
- allow indenting while in insert mode (C-l: indent right, C-h: indent left)
- scope the keybindings and functions to markdown and perhaps text
- allow GFM-style checkbox auto bullet
- prefix shortcuts and allow disabling them
- add numbered list
- reset numbers (user selects numbered bullets 3-5 and copies to middle of document, then reselects and resets them to 1-3)
- check if plugin initialized and don't load if it did
- allow for return without creating a bullet (only possible in GuiVim unfortunately)
- create a text object for bullets
- create a text object for GFM-style checkboxes
- check if user is at EOL before appending auto-bullet - they may just want to
- attempt to keep the same total bullet width even as number width varies (right padding)
- detect lists that have multiline bullets (should have no empty lines between lines).
- add alphabetic list
- allow user to define a global var with custom bullets
- create a text object for bullet list indentation
- support for intelligent alphanumeric indented bullets e.g. 1. \t a. \t 1.
Bullets.vim is kindly supported by Hashrocket, a multidisciplinary design and development consultancy. If you'd like to work with us or join our team, don't hesitate to get in touch.