Geopin is a small school project for the university of patras. An android app in which the user marks her favourite places on a map and stores them in database. Supports directions and reverse geocoding.
Geopin is an android app in which the user marks her favourite places on a map and stores them in database. Supports directions and reverse geocoding and different locales.
- Android Maps V2
- User pins her favorite places on map
- Database persistent storage
- Pins have title, description and category
- Different color for each category
- Clustering of multiple locations.
- Calculates nearest route with car, foot or bus.
- Turn by turn navigation.
- Multilingual support(Current languages: English, Greek).
- Async tasks for all database ops.
- Metric and imperial units.
- Choose origin and destination by writing text, current location or click on map.
- Reverse Geocoding on long map click.
- Google's ActionBarCompat, ensure action bar availability for lower version device
- Share pins on facebook.
- Hide/Show pins.
- Holo custom theme.
- Some custom widgets.
- Sliding up navigation panel.
Open this project with android studio. Target sdk is Android 5.0 (API Level: 21) and minimum: Android 2.3 (API Level: 9)
- Play Services
- Support libs with Actionbar Compat
- Maps Utils: open-source library contains classes that are useful for a wide range of applications using the Google Maps Android API.
- Android Sliding Up Panel: provides a simple way to add a draggable sliding up panel.
- Crouton: Context sensitive notifications for Android.
- DataFactory: Library to generate data for testing.
- PreferenceFragment: Unofficial PreferenceFragment compatibility layer for Android 1.6 and up.
- FacebookAndroidSDK: Integrate Android apps with Facebook Platform.
- Fork it ( https://github.com/dklisiaris/geopin/fork )
- Create your feature branch (
git checkout -b my-new-feature)
- Commit your changes (
git commit -am 'Add some feature')
- Push to the branch (
git push origin my-new-feature)
- Create a new Pull Request