This is a small standalone gem featuring a module ripped out from veritas. It allows to make objects immutable in an unobtrusive way.
There is no gem release yet so use git source.
In your Gemfile:
gem 'adamantium', :git => 'https://github.com/dkubb/adamantium.git'
require 'adamantium' require 'securerandom' class Example # Inclusion of Adamantium defaults to deep freeze behavior # of constructor and memoizer include Adamantium # Instance and attributes (ivars) are frozen per default # Example: # # object = Example.new # object.frozen? # => true # object.attribute.frozen? # => true # def initialize @attribute = "foo bar" end attr_reader :attribute # Memoized method with deeply frozen value (default) # Example: # # object = Example.new # object.random => ["abcdef"] # object.random => ["abcdef"] # object.random.frozen? => true # object.random.frozen? => true # def random [SecureRandom.hex(6)] end memoize :random # Memoized method with non frozen value # Example: # # object = Example.new # object.buffer # => <StringIO:abcdef> # object.buffer # => <StringIO:abcdef> # object.buffer.frozen? # => false # def buffer StringIO.new end memoize :buffer, :freezer => :noop # Memoized method with nondeeply frozen value # Example: # # object = Example.new # object.random2 => ["abcdef"] # object.random2 => ["abcdef"] # object.random2.frozen? => true # object.random2.frozen? => false # def random2 [SecureRandom.hex(6)] end memoize :random2, :freezer => :flat end class FlatExample # Inclusion of Adamantium::Flat defaults do non deep frozen behavior # for memoizer and constructor include Adamantium::Flat # Instace is frozen but attribute is not # object = FlatExample.new # object.frozen? # => true # object.attribute.frozen? # => false def initialize @attribute = "foo bar" end attr_reader :attribute # Memoized method with flat frozen value (default) # Example: # # object = Example.new # object.random => ["abcdef"] # object.random => ["abcdef"] # object.random.frozen? => true # object.random.frozen? => false # def random [SecureRandom.hex(6)] end memoize :random end
- If you want your code merged into the mainline, please discuss the proposed changes with me before doing any work on it. This library is still in early development, and the direction it is going may not always be clear. Some features may not be appropriate yet, may need to be deferred until later when the foundation for them is laid, or may be more applicable in a plugin.
- Fork the project.
- Make your feature addition or bug fix.
- Follow this style guide.
- Add specs for it. This is important so I don't break it in a future version unintentionally. Tests must cover all branches within the code, and code must be fully covered.
- Commit, do not mess with Rakefile, version, or history. (if you want to have your own version, that is fine but bump version in a commit by itself I can ignore when I pull)
- Run "rake ci". This must pass and not show any regressions in the metrics for the code to be merged.
- Send me a pull request. Bonus points for topic branches.
Copyright (c) 2009-2012 Dan Kubb Copyright (c) 2012 Markus Schirp
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.