Connecting you to the gear you need
By David Larsen
GearPatch is a peer-to-peer rental platform that lets musicians make extra money off of their gear. Through GearPatch, they can connect with other musicans who can use the gear short-term for a reasonable fee. This is accomplished through the application's internal messaging system, allowing the two users to communicate and set up a
Reservation to rent the gear. With a confirmed reservation, the two parties can arrange drop-off/pick-up and method of payment.
- A search which allows any user to see the data available
- Means for registered users to message each other or request reservations with live notifications
- Gear owners can confirm reservations and mark items returned after the rental
- Ability for registered users to list gear for sale and edit those listings (CRUD)
This application is responsive to work with desktop and mobile viewports.
- Clone this repostory to your local hard drive.
- Run the SQL scripts in order (
02...) to build the database on an initialized SQL server.
- Navigate to the
GearPatch/clientdirectory and type
npm install .to install dependencies.
- Run the API by typing
dotnet runin the root directory, or through Visual Studio debugger.
- To create accounts and sign in, you will need an active
Firebaseaccount. See below.
- Once the API has begun, run
npm startfrom the
- The app is now running, and the search function is active. To send messages, list gear, or make reservations, you will need to create an account through the
Sign Upoption in the navbar.
To create a Firebase account
- Go to firebase.google.com
- Create an account, then create a new project
- Make sure your Firebase project is set up for Email/Password authentication.
- Find your Firebase Project ID, and copy it to
- Find your Firebase API Key, and copy it to a new
.envfile in the
GearPatch/clientdirectory. The format for this is: