Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- Changed timer from 5 seconds back to 1 second. However Snip now uses the titlebar of Spotify to determine when tracks change and will only fetch new data when the titlebar changes. This ultimately cuts down on API calls significantly.
- Fixed issue where podcasts and non-track information would crash Snip. Spotify does not provide any data on podcasts unfortunately.
- Reduced the API call rate from 1 second to 5 seconds. There may be up to a five second delay when a track changes before Snip detects it but it will significantly reduce the amount of API calls happening.
- Implemented API call retry when rate limit exceeded.
- Brought Spotify code up to date. You will have to authorize your account.
- Removed all media player support except Spotify and iTunes. (I don't have the time to maintain all of the code for all of the media players. I'm sorry about that. Perhaps with a rewrite I can make Snip modular and other people can maintain their own plugins.)
- Polished up code some and removed a lot of unused code.
- Tested against iTunes 18.104.22.168 (non-Windows Store version).
- Tested against Spotify 22.214.171.1240.gfcf0430f (non-Windows Store version.)
- Project is now built with Visual Studio 2019 (previous was 2017).
There will likely be bugs with this release. It's operational to get Spotify working. There is plenty of error-checking to be added. Additionally I've only minimally tested this myself. Thank you all for being beta testers. :)
- When enabling save separate files Snip will now save Spotify metadata to Snip_Metadata.json.
- Cleaned up localization code internally.
- #199 Snip can now be run multiple times. I'm not sure how this will work but have at it.
- Changed Spotify back to AnyCPU from 64-bit.
- #268 #283 #284 #290 #291 #297 #299 Fixes Spotify not working since Spotify shut down their desktop API. (Hotkeys currently do not work in Spotify now).
- Updated copyright to 2018.
- Renamed quodlibet to Quod Libet.
- Moved Quod Libet in the menu.
- Snip is now 64-bit only.
- Snip now erases Snip.txt on exit.
- If an ad is playing in Spotify it will empty the text file.
- Removed excess strings from resource files.
- Removed "tiny" size from artwork as Spotify stopped supporting it.
- Spotify port detection code is now threaded so Snip will no longer freeze.
- Czech translation corrections by jingtongtangflee.
- Snip will now loop through various ports to find the correct port to connect with Spotify. Fixes #173.
- Changed snip.spotilocal.com to 127.0.0.1.
- Danish translation provided by Jens Møller.
- Changed the port that Snip uses to get a token from SpotifyWebHelper. This should hopefully allow more users to successfully obtain a token.
- Added option to cache Spotify track information. This option is enabled by default.
- Changed Snip to remember settings for all major versions in the future. This means that anything Snip v6.x.x will share settings. If a new feature or option were added that would break compatibility it will force Snip to bump up to the next major version. I also removed my name from the registry path so it will now just be located under Snip.
- Fixed possible uppercase/lowercase issues based on user's locale setting.
- Added Quod Libet player support (Support added by Jay Lapham).
- Changed Spotify player check behavior. If it can't connect to the local web service it will now show that Spotify is not running.
With the addition of metadata caching it will be interesting to see if the calls to Spotify's API drops substantially or not.