Code4lib Anti-Harassment Policy
This is a repository to provide a space to draft and allow for dialog in the creation of an anti-harassment policy for the Code4lib annual conference.
Resources for policies/starting points:
- The Ada Initiative: Anti-harassment work
- Geek Feminism Wiki: example anti-harassment policy for conferences
- howto hack code4lib: don't be sexist/racist/*ist
- CAUT Anti-harassment and Non-Discrimination Statement
- AAI Anti-harassment policy: This is a good one because it includes a short boilerplate statement for conferences/events, plus a longer document suitable for the organization as a whole.
- How do we cover not only the conference/IRL interactions, but IRC, etc. too?
- Do we require a duty officer explicitly? Is it fair/reasonable/workable to have conference staff be in that role?