Ghost vs Monsters OOP 2.0
This repo contains the complete app Ghost vs Monsters re-written in an object-oriented style of programming. It's intended as a example of how one might separate functionality within a Corona mobile application.
This new 2.0 release has been modernized for changes over past three years with the Corona SDK engine, DMC Corona Libraries, as well as my coding/organization style. :)
- Simplification of level data
- even more use of OOP and State Pattern
- new Fully G2 Compatible
- new now uses Corona Composer (removed Director lib)
- new re-organized files into folders
- new update to latest dmc-corona-library (incl dmc-objects 2.0)
- new buttons from new dmc-widgets (removed UI lib, dmc-buttons lib)
- new some Component Objects moved to own files (eg, ghost, monster, loading overlay, pause overlay, etc)
- new improved overall code organization
- new example of global communication via dmc-megaphone (can be enabled)
- new managers created for Sounds, Levels (non-visual)
- new new App Controller: controls core app setup and scene navigation
- new new Test Controller: enables full Component test development
- new only 3 global variables
Details about the changes: http://docs.davidmccuskey.com/display/docs/Ghosts+vs+Monsters+Details
The original Ghosts vs. Monsters was a physics-based game template designed for mobile devices. It was created by Jonathan Beebe and Biffy Beebe for Corona SDK (http://coronalabs.com).
Many thanks to everyone at Beebe Games and Corona Labs for making the code publicly available!
This app is likely to be used as the small-app template in my git repo for Corona App Templates