Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 40 million developers.Sign up
- TypeScript typings are now bundled in NPM package.
- New configuration property
paddingparameter of API methods has been replaced with a
configparameter. For backward compatibility a padding value is still allowed as value to the
- Added CLI tool.
jdenticon.drawIconis now also available on Node for usage with canvas compatible packages.
- Updated universal module definition.
jdenticon_config.saturationdirectly is now deprecated. Use
replaceModewhich has the following values:
- "once" - icons are replaced once upon page load. This is the default value and how Jdenticon has always behaved.
- "never" - no icons are replaced automatically. Good for folks who have written their own components for triggering icon updates.
- "observe" - icons are replaced upon page load, and the DOM is then monitored for new identicons. This mode is useful in applications where new icons are inserted dynamically into the page, e.g. by using React or Angular.
- Source maps are now provided for jdenticon.min.js.
- No icon was rendered when a falsy value was passed to jdenticon.update.
- Smaller circles were rendered very badly to PNG in smaller sizes (changes in the dependency canvas-renderer).
- Padding is now rounded instead of truncated to nearest integer to avoid floating point rounding errors.
- Now licensed under the MIT license. This change was done to simplify using Jdenticon in businesses utilizing list of allowed open source licenses.
- Improved performance for the
toPngfunction when running on Node.js. Benchmarks have shown performance boosts up to 50%.
- New option
backColorfor configuring background color of generated icons.
paddingparameter to the
Removed dependency to RequireJS, since it has caused some issues in non-browser environments.
Jdenticon is now specified as Software in generated PNG files (metadata only, nothing visible).
Bug fix: the
jdenticonwas not populated when using Jdenticon on Node.
For your convenience the
distfolder containing the latest released build will be available in the master branch as of this version.
Jdenticon is now easier than ever to use. In this release the
data-jdenticon-valueattribute was added, which eliminates the need to reference an external hash algorithm.
Usage is as simple as:
<canvas data-jdenticon-value="value here" width="100" height="100"></canvas>
- Icon is now centered also when the target HTML element is not a square.
- Bug fix: icon was not rendered when Jdenticon was used with Webpack.
- Bug fix: icon was not rendered when using a
<svg>element with no
- Bug fix: too large area was cleared when rendering an icon to a canvas using