👋, I'm Doug
Welcome to my GitHub repo! This is mostly for personal projects that I've worked on over the years. Sometimes it's to learn a new technology, sometimes it's to contribute something to a particular space, sometimes it's just #CodePosting where I try something new.
If you like my work, please consider sponsoring me.
Here are my more interesting projects that you may wish to check out:
- Splunk Lab - Stand up Splunk in 30 seconds! It's a great way to learn Splunk, ingest sample data, etc. Includes the Machine Learning app.
- Grafana Playground - Spin up a Grafana instance with Prometheus and Loki for testing quickly and painlessly.
- Cheetah Bot - A Telegram Bot that makes cheetah sounds and posts cheetah pictures!
- Diceware - Generate passwords you can easily remember! Visit the Production deployment here.
- SSH Principal and CA Playgroud - Learn how SSH Principals and Certificate Authorities work in a Dockerized environment
- Script to convert JPG and PNG files to HEIC format - This script recursively converts JPG and PNG files to HEIC format, and will cut space savings in half. Useful for old photo archives!
- Undertale and Deltarune Resources
🌻- A list of links of interest for Undertale and Deltarune
- Learn "git rebase -i" with this lab/playground - A tool I built to teach myself Interactive Rebasing in Git. Used for the talk I give here.
- ZFS Playground - Learn ZFS, the quick and easy way!
- WordPress with Nginx and Let's Encrypt - Collection of config to stand up WordPress with Nginx, MySQL, and Let's Encrypt. The blog post explaining all of this is over here.
- Septa Stats - Realtime dashboards and graphs of Philadelphia public transit. Visit the Production Website here.
- Splunk Network Health Check - A network health checking that I built. Uses Splunk Lab and a hacked version of ping(!)
- Is SEPTA F*cked? - Slightly more... colorful status website for Philadelphia public transit. Visit the Production Website here.
- Tarsplit - Split up tarballs on file boundaries to more easily use large tarballs in Docker images.
- evernote-to-obsidian - Wrapper for the
Yarleapp to make converting Evernote notebooks to Markdown easier.
- rsync-obsidian-to-icloud - Scripts to
rsyncyour local Obsidian vault to/from iCloud so the mobile app can use it