Sentry package for Debian-based systems
This repository contains almost all you need to create a Sentry installation package for Debian system.
Package version is retrieved from current
sentry release on PyPi.
It automatically creates a python virtual environment (with
dh-virtualenv) and installs all the requirements. Installation path is
Provided are example configurations for [u]WSGI modules of Apache and nginx.
Creating a package
After that you can just run
make builddeb. It will do the following:
- Request PyPi of current sentry version and update
debian/changelogfiles according to that.
- Create a virtual environment (using
dh-virtualenv) and install
sentryitself and all the requirements (you can see them in
- Update virtual environment with an example sentry configuration file.
- Pack all the environment into debian package for easier installation.
Note: You should only create package on the same system version which you intended to install on. E.g. if you run installation on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS it most probably won't work or even install on Debian Wheezy.
dpkg -i sentry-server_xxx_all.deb.
/var/lib/sentry-server/project/sentry.conf.pywith valid database settings (change other settings according to your taste).
- Follow the steps in sentry installation guide.
- Use configuration examples in
/usr/share/doc/sentry-serverto set up your web server virtual host pointing to sentry installation.