A build automation tool for Docker applications.
Keep your project tasks organized, portable, repeatable, and fast with
Define the resources and tasks required to build, test, and release your project in
dobi.yaml and run them with
See Getting Started
Key features of
- optimal - tasks are only run when the resource is stale. If a resource hasn't changed the task is skipped.
- portable - all tasks run in a container, so developers are free to use different operating systems and environments.
- repeatable - tasks are defined in a
dobi.yamlso new contributers can get started quickly, and a task will always produce the same results. Variables are supported, but must be explicitly defined, so there's no hidden environment variables that could change the behaviour of a task.
- organized - tasks can be chained together using an
aliasresource to produce entire workflows like
release, which may involve multiple independent tasks.
- dependencies - tasks can depend on other tasks using
depends. When a task is run, its dependencies are checked first, and run if they are stale.
The one liner:
curl -L -o /usr/local/bin/dobi "https://github.com/dnephin/dobi/releases/download/v0.12.0/dobi-$(uname -s)"; chmod +x /usr/local/bin/dobi
For a Windows binary, and more install options, see Install
dobi is still in early development. If you'd like to contribute, please open
an issue, or find an existing issue, and leave a comment saying you're working
on a feature.