DNN® ( formerly DotNetNuke® ) is the leading open source web content management platform (CMS) in the Microsoft ecosystem. The product is used to build professional looking and easy-to-use commercial websites, social intranets, community portals, or partner extranets. Containing dynamic content of all types, DNN sites are easy to deploy and update. The DNN Platform has been downloaded more than 8 million times and powers more than 750,000 websites globally. A community of more than 1 million members forms a powerful support network.
Thousands of free and commercial extensions, apps and skins are available at the DNN Store that make extending a DNN site fast and affordable.
In addition to robust content management, the free, open source DNN Platform includes the following built-in features:
- Single installation with multi-site capability
- File and folder management
- Static and dynamic Localization - 6 languages out-of-the-box (English, Ducth, French, German, Italian, and Spanish)
- Customized web site templates and themes
- Cloud-ready with MS Azure compatibility
- 100's of REST API for site and content managment
- Modern client-side Web tools like CSS 3, HTML 5, JQuery, and React
- UI with drag and drop capability, and rich-text editor for in-place UI editing
- Extensible through custom modules and many third party modules available in the DNN store
- Robust security
- Administration features like: security roles, protected content, SEO, scheduler, SSL support, taxonomy, site log, and many more.
- [Documentation] (https://www.dnndocs.com/)
- Release Schedule
- DNN Digest
- Discussion Forums
- Community Showcase
- Video Library
- Community Blogs
- DNN on Facebook
- DNN on Twitter
- DNN Store
Contributing to DNN Platform
We encourage contributions of all forms, including code changes, testing, bug reports or otherwise. The following resources outline detailed contribution procedures.
In addition, since DNN is part of the .NET Foundation, we require our contributors to abide by their Code of Conduct rules and requirements also.
This project is supported by the .NET Foundation.
We monitor code quality of the DNN Platform using NDepend.