Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 31 million developers.Sign up
Release Notes for v9.3.0 RC
Before testing the release candidate, please review the Known Potential Breaking Changes section below
This is a release candidate and should not be used in production, upgrades to the final version will not be supported. The purpose of this release candidate is to help identify any unknown breaking changes which would impact the final release. If you find any such issues, please log them in our issue tracker on GitHub and we will evaluate each issue and if required issue another release candidate build. If no major issues are reported for a 2 week period, then this RC will become the final release.
We'd like to first thank everyone from the community and ESW who has submitted pull requests or reported issues. A grand total of 262 pull requests by 26 contributors were processed for the 9.3.0 release, out of that 90 were in the Platform repository, plus 133 additional pull requests were processed in the Admin Experience repository. Below you can find a short list of the noteworthy changes in this release. For a full list, please check the GitHub milestone pages on each of the repositories.
Do you have any feedback? We'd love to hear it!
If you have a few minutes to spare, please fill out our super quick survey with the results of any testing you've done against the RC.
Known Potential Breaking Changes
If you currently use any 3rd party or in-house Persona Bar extensions which utilize the export bundle from the Admin Experience, they will need to be updated after upgrading to v9.3.0. Please see the Additional Resources section below for more information on this change.
Changes in v9.3.0-rc2
- 12 additional pull requests where processed in the Admin Experience, 4 in React.Common and 4 in the Platform. Fixing additional issues related to the developer dependencies upgraded in the v9.3.0 release.
Changes in v9.3.0-rc1
- 19 additional pull requests were processed in the Admin Experience and 11 pull requests in React.Common, fixing quite a few issues related to the developer dependencies we upgraded in the previous release candidate. We ran into an issue with Greenkeeper and have currently disabled it while we focus on stabilizing the platform. We will be turning it back on for the v9.3.1 or v9.4.0 release scheduled for later this year.
- Enhanced the common tooltip component for accessibility within the Admin Experience. Thanks @valadas #212
Changes in v9.3.0-rc0
- Updated all React.Common packages to React 16 and created initial storyboards. Thanks @mtrutledge #153
- Enabled Greenkeeper on the Admin Experience repository. This updated all of our developer dependencies to their latest releases as-of Nov 5th 2018. We will continue to process the greenkeeper pull requests in future releases to keep things current. Thanks to @valadas, @mtrutledge, @nvisionative, @mean2me, @daguiler, @mikebigun, @Mhtshum and the rest of the team for all the long hours and 29+ pull requests to repair all the compilation and usability issues related to the major version changes between these dependencies. #117
- Added Cookie consent and configuration settings for Terms and Privacy pages. Thanks @donker #2369
- Added UI connector to manage Google Analytic tracking. Thanks @mikesmeltzer #2288
- Performance fix for CoreMessaging and Journal procedures. Thanks @ChrisHammond #2342
- Performance & stability fix for Azure & other Environments. Thanks @cameron-moore #2032
- On hover, we are now showing the pane name again when in edit mode. Thanks @zyhfish #19
- Added attributes for improving accessibility in the Admin Experience. Thanks @OllyHodgson #36
- Added UI for Small and Large Page Icons back into Page Settings. Thanks @valadas #111
- Added UI for Host Email setting under SMTP Configuration. Thanks @valadas #39
- Added Azure DevOps to React.Common to verify pull requests and publish new releases of the npm packages. Thanks @ohine and @mtrutledge
- Resolved issue with viewing/editing user profiles on certain pages with http/https differences. Thanks @mean2me #2494
List of Contributors for v9.3.0
- Matt Rutledge @mtrutledge
- Daniel Valadas @valadas
- Stefan Kamphuis @skamphuis
- Andrew Hoefling @ahoefling
- David Poindexter @nvisionative
- Brian Dukes @bdukes
- Oliver Hine @ohine
- Joshua Bradley @JoshuaBradley
- Olly Hodgson @OllyHodgson
- Mitchel Sellers @mitchelsellers
- Mohtisham Zubair @Mhtshum, @Mohtshum
- Mike Smeltzer @mikesmeltzer
- Peter Donker @donker
- Sebastian Leupold @sleupold
- Ernst Peter Tamminga @EPTamminga
- Chris Hammond @ChrisHammond
- Cameron Moore @cameron-moore
- Behnam Emamian @Behnam-Emamian
- Tomasz Pluskiewicz @tpluscode
- Mikhail Bigun @mikebigun
- Anish Mishra @anishmishra978
- Ben Zhong @zyhfish
- Daniel Aguilera @daguiler
- Ryan Gunn @Icidis
- Sacha @sachatrauwaen
- Emanuele Colonnelli @mean2me
- Stefan Cullmann @SCullman
Is this your first time installing or upgrading DNN? If so, you can find some help with the installation and upgrade wiki articles. If this is your 100th time upgrading DNN, maybe review the guides and submit a few changes!
Upgrading Persona Bar Components Guide - Matt Rutledge wrote an excellent guide to help you with that process.