Release Notes for v9.3.2 RC
Before testing this release candidate, please review the Known Potential Breaking Changes section below
This is a release candidate and should not be used in production, upgrades to the final version will not be supported. The purpose of this release candidate is to help identify any unknown breaking changes which would impact the final release. If you find any such issues, please log them in our issue tracker on GitHub and we will evaluate each issue and if required issue another release candidate build. If no major issues are reported for a 2 week period, then this RC will become the final release.
We'd like to first thank everyone from the community who has submitted pull requests or reported issues. A grand total of 27 pull requests by 9 contributors were processed for this release. Out of that 11 were in the Platform repository, plus 16 additional pull requests were processed in the Admin Experience repository. Below you can find a short list of the noteworthy changes in this release. For a full list, please check the GitHub milestone pages on each of the repositories.
We love feedback
If you have any time to donate towards testing, please make sure you fill out a quick survey so we are aware of your contribution. If you'd like some guidance on how you can help with testing, please contact us! This will be a 2 week release testing cycle, so test early and get your feedback submitted to GitHub!
Noteworthy Changes in v9.3.2
- Digital Assets: Azure folders are slow to open. Thanks @mikebigun #2698
- Increased data provider timeout during install. Thanks @daguiler #2645
- Uses source-map for webpack config. Thanks @valadas #797
- Placeholder to avoid PersonaBar slide effect. Thanks @daguiler #789
List of Contributors for v9.3.2
- Daniel Valadas @valadas
- Daniel Aguilera @daguiler
- Mohtisham Zubair @Mhtshum
- Mikhail Bigun @mikebigun
- Oliver Hine @ohine
- Ben Zhong @zyhfish
- Andrew Hoefling @ahoefling
- Brian Dukes @bdukes
- Peter Donker @donker
Is this your first time installing or upgrading DNN? If so, you can find some help with the installation and upgrade wiki articles. If this is your 100th time upgrading DNN, maybe review the guides and submit a few changes!
Release Notes from v9.3.1
- NuGet Package Improvements. Thanks @mitchelsellers #2600
- Enhanced the common tooltip component for accessibility within the Admin Experience. Thanks @valadas #212
- Updated all React.Common packages to React 16 and created initial storyboards. Thanks @mtrutledge #153
- Group Privacy Settings in Site Settings in a new tab. Thanks @donker #99
- Enabled Greenkeeper on the Admin Experience repository. This updated all of our developer dependencies to their latest releases as-of Nov 5th 2018. We will continue to process the greenkeeper pull requests in future releases to keep things current. Thanks to @valadas, @mtrutledge, @nvisionative, @mean2me, @daguiler, @mikebigun, @Mhtshum and the rest of the team for all the long hours and 29+ pull requests to repair all the compilation and usability issues related to the major version changes between these dependencies. #117
- We ran into an issue with Greenkeeper and had to disable it during the initial RC. We will be setting up a similar service called dependabot in the v9.4.0 release scheduled for later this year.
- Added Cookie consent and configuration settings for Terms and Privacy pages. Thanks @donker #2369
- Added UI connector to manage Google Analytic tracking. Thanks @mikesmeltzer #2288
- Performance fix for CoreMessaging and Journal procedures. Thanks @ChrisHammond #2342
- Performance & stability fix for Azure & other Environments. Thanks @cameron-moore #2032
- On hover, we are now showing the pane name again when in edit mode. Thanks @zyhfish #19
- Added attributes for improving accessibility in the Admin Experience. Thanks @OllyHodgson #36
- Added UI for Small and Large Page Icons back into Page Settings. Thanks @valadas #111
- Added UI for Host Email setting under SMTP Configuration. Thanks @valadas #39
- Added Azure DevOps to React.Common to verify pull requests and publish new releases of the npm packages. Thanks @ohine and @mtrutledge
- Resolved issue with viewing/editing user profiles on certain pages with http/https differences. Thanks @mean2me #2494
Known Potential Breaking Changes in v9.3.0+
For clarity, we are restating the breaking changes from the 9.3.0 here, as if you have not yet upgraded to 9.3.0 or later, they still apply.
If you currently use any 3rd party or in-house Persona Bar extensions which utilize the export bundle from the Admin Experience, they will need to be updated after upgrading to v9.3. Please see the Upgrading Persona Bar Components Guide by Matt Rutledge to help you with that process.