This software is still in early pre-alpha development stage.
For the rest of audience, Ludi.js is a library connecting different server side and offline js engines such as
- node.js (http://nodejs.org/)
- v8cgi (http://code.google.com/p/v8cgi)
- Mozilla Rhino (http://www.mozilla.org/rhino/)
- MS JScript (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JScript)
- maybe Adobe AIR
- maybe HTML5
(with their server APIs and database drivers) to modern AJAX widget sets like
- Sencha ExtJS (http://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/)
- DHTMLX (http://dhtmlx.com/)
- jsLinb (== Sigma Widgets, http://www.linb.net/)
- ZKuery (http://code.google.com/p/zkuery/ == zk, http://www.zkoss.org/, MINUS servlets)
- DynarchLIB (http://www.dynarchlib.com/)
The main goal of the project is to provide a unified handy minimalistic API for developing portable Web applications targeting js as a core platorm.
Ludi.js is presented as multiple 'libraries' each of which represent a combination of adapters for:
- a js engine
- a DBMS
- a DB driver for that js engine
and so on.
A well written Ludi.js application should run smoothly with any of these libraries without any changes.