Shlomi Fish edited this page
Sep 4, 2020
Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the rebooted DocBook Wiki.
Anyone can edit these pages. Yes, that means you! Unfortunately, in order to combat malicious vandalism, you will have to be added as a collaborator to this repository. That's easy, create an issue requesting access and one of the admins will add you. Github provides editing instructions for wiki pages.
Some starting points:
- DocBookWebsites: places to get more information about DocBook
- DocBookDiscussion: mailing list and IRC information
- DocBookTutorials: how to get started with DocBook (in several languages, including Czech, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Korean, German and Russian)
- DocBookDocumentation: docs useful for experienced users and novices alike
- DocBookBooks: books that cover DocBook
- DocBookHelp: how to find answers to your DocBook questions
- DocBookQuestions: things remaining unanswered in all of the above
- DocBookStylesheets: there are both DocBookXslStylesheets and DocBookDssslStylesheets
- DocBookTools: tools that work with DocBook
- ContentManagementTools: ECM, CMS, and wiki's that support docbook
- DocBookAuthoringTools: tools for authoring DocBook documents
- DocBookPackages: the easiest way to install DocBook and related tools
- DocBookSpecializations: DocBook specialization schemas or DTDs
- DocBookCookbook: example components of DocBook publishing tool chains
- DocbookSchemas: example RelaxNG schema additions and restrictions
- DocBookCustomizations: Contributed XSL stylesheet customizations
- DocBookConsultancy: List of people and companies providing DocBook support as a service
- WhoUsesDocBook: pointers to people and groups (projects, organizations, companies...) using DocBook
- WhyDocBook: why would anybody want to use DocBook?
- WhatIsWrongWithDocBook: opinions about DocBook shortcomings
- DocBookFuture: speculation about how DocBook might develop in the future
- DocBookAlternatives: other open source solutions
- DocBookNews: places to get up-to-date news about DocBook
- DocBookArticlesAndPresentations: not necessarily tutorials or intros.
- DocBookVM: Turn-key DocBook system on an Oracle VirtualBox Virtual Machine (VM)
- DocBook at Google Summer of Code 2013: The DocBook project is once again applying to participate as a mentoring organization in this year's Google Summer of Code