Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Scripts, utilities, and web services that act as easier-to-use "front ends" to DocBookPublishingTools.
In addition to the utilities listed below, several DocBookAuthoringTools contain publishing tool-chains built in. See Oxygen, Serna, and XMLMind, for example.
- Docbkx, a Maven plugin for converting DocBook to html, webhelp, epub, and pdf.
- DobuDish (Formerly Dopus) DobuDish is a Docbook publishing framework. It was designed with portability and extensibility in mind. DobuDish can run on any Windows or Unix platform that supports Java. GPL.
- Forge Documentation Press is a pre-packaged DocBook XML tool chain. It uses comes with a collection of Java tools to process DocBook XML into HTML, PDF, and other formats. All of the tools come set up and ready to use. AGPL license.
- docbookpublishing.com is a free web service for formatting DocBook XML to PDF. It uses RenderX's XEP engine. The service provides REST API as well.
- docbook-utils, a RPM package that includes front-end utilities for using the Openjade DSSSL engine; also available as a Debian Package
- xmlto, TimWaugh's front-end for using XSLT processors (but currently only understands how to use xsltproc)
- sgml2x, front end for Jade/Openjade and Jadetex, written in Perl
- Docbook Transformer, web transforming service from Docbook to html, you can send a url or upload a local file from your system. You can request using GET method too. By Cartesia.org.
- [Goshaky DocBook Online Tools](http://www.goshaky.com/docbook-online-tool/) Upload a DocBook-XML-File, Validate it and transform it to HTML or PDF online '''(2009-01-17: "Service Temporarily Unavailable"''')
- DocMan (The DocBook Toolchain Manager), a GUI application that makes it easier to convert DocBook XML source files to PDF, HTML, XHTML, and HTML Help. Available for Windows and Linux.
- DocBook Formatting Service, the web application to demonstrate abilities of RenderX web engine.
- DocBook Authoring and Publishing Suite (DAPS), an aasy-to-use Toolchain used by SUSE. It consists of Makefiles and various scripts to convert DocBook XML sources into PDF, HTML or Manpages. Available for Linux only.
- [>e-novative> DocBook Environment](http://www.e-novative.info/software/ede.php), a free Windows environment based on ready-to-use commandline scripts (with simple installer)
Note that the front-end convenience tools the '''docbook-utils''' and '''sgml2x''' packages provide (the various '''docbook2*''' and '''docbook-2-''' utilities such as '''docbook2html''') are, like the older db2 utilities, (mostly) just scripts that act as "wrappers" around Openjade. So if you run into problems using the '''docbook2*''' or '''docbook-2-''' or '''db2''' wrapper scripts, you may want to consult the Openjade documentation and use Openjade directly instead.