Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Projects, organizations, and companies that are using DocBook.
- The Onspeed Mobile web site is generated from DocBook Website source.
- inxire uses DocBook as the internal document format for their inxire iO enterprise content-management system.
- Cray Inc. authors man pages in DocBook XML
- NeoDoc proposes a broad range of services for XML data coding and documentation based on DocBook. They also maintain the Borges CMS
- FreeBSD documentation (FAQ, Handbook, etc) is written in DocBook
- GNOME documentation is written in DocBook
- KDE user documentation is written in DocBook
- OpenACS uses DocBook XML for their documentation; see their primer
- Linux Documentation Project uses DocBook as its standard
- Project JXTA uses DocBook XML for their specifications
- Spanish Linux Documentation uses DocBook as its main recommendation.
- PostgreSQL documentation is written in DocBook
- Linux kernel is adopting DocBook for its documentation
- CommNav is adopting DocBook for its product documentation
- Technohuman uses DocBook as the basis for its Core Information Server publishing framework.
- LiveJournal uses DocBook for its server documentation
- Importalis uses DocBook for multichannel publishing of its documentation for XML applications.
- PHP uses DocBook XML for its documentation, as stated on its documentation HOWTO
- Cogent-Real Time Systems uses DocBook for its documentation.
- Mitel Networks Corporation Network Server Solutions Group uses DocBook for its documentation process.
- Sun uses a customization of DocBook (SolBook) for its documentation, according to a DocBook Presentation from NormanWalsh
- SUSE uses DocBook for its documentation of their Administration Guide and User Guide.
- Swarm Development Group uses DocBook SGML (migrating to XML) for it's documentation (User, Installation and Reference Guides) and WebsiteDoctype for website.
- Debrief uses DocBook for online and printed versions of its user manual, maintained by IanMayo.
- MandrakeSoft Documentation Team is using DocBook since 1999 to produce the Documentation (printed and online) for the Mandrakelinux distributions, training manuals, etc.
- CSIR has used DocBook for some of their website publication e.g. the LEAD project
- WEB.DE uses DocBook for internal software documentation.
- Alcove uses a DocBook customisation (AlcoveBook) for various purposes
- Clinical DataFax Systems Inc. has been using DocBook since 2000 for all product user and internal software development documentation
- Urbana Software uses DocBook for internal software documentation and JavaHelp.
- medavis GmbH uses DocBook for internal software documentation
- WiredMinds uses DocBook for software documentation
- Syngenio AG uses DocBook for software documentation, design guidelines, and software specifications, and internal documentation.
- Simtec Electronics are using DocBook for all their products technical manuals.
- XML-DEV uses DocBook to create all its documents.
- IBM Linux Technology Center uses DocBook for technical publications.
- subshell uses DocBook for software documentation and technical publications.
- Fillmore Labs uses DocBook for internal software documentation.
- The Indic-Computing Project uses DocBook to create technical documentation.
- Motive uses DocBook for software documentation, including installation/reference guides and help systems.
- Tapestry: Java Web Components uses DocBook to generate documentation.
- Axion, an open source, Java based relational database engine uses DocBook to generate its website and related documentation
- Jaluna SA uses DocBook to write and publish its online user documentation
- iAnywhere Solutions uses DocBook to document its relational database and messaging software.
- OASIS ebXML Message Services TC has decided to use DocBook for version 3.x of its specification.
- The Open Web Application Security Project OWASP uses DocBook to write and render its OWASP Guide to Building Secure Web Applications and Web Services.
- ROBODoc, a software documentation tool, uses DocBook as one of its output formats. In addition it uses DocBook for the user documentation.
- Subversion, a compelling replacement for CVS, uses DocBook for its book.
- e/t/s didactic media GmbH uses DocBook for its software documentation, including end user manuals.
- Praterm uses DocBook for user documentation. We provide a special HOWTO (in Polish) how to deal with various problems in Linux
- Fedora Docs Project
- SitePoint uses DocBook for all of its books.
- The Linux From Scratch (LFS) Project has a ''Linux from Scratch'' guide and a Beyond Linux From Scratch guide, both authored in DocBook.
- The Implementation Notes for GNU CLISP (GNU Common LISP) are written in DocBook
- Documentation for the Schoolbus Project is written in DocBook.
- Science Fiction Readers uses DocBook in its library.
- InWords TechDoc Solutions develops documentation for technology vendors and open source projects using DocBook.
- Metoda Sp. z o.o. uses DocBook to write specifications of Business Processes and Use Cases, for client and its own purposes. Company web site is generated from DocBook sources.
- O'Reilly Media is a technical publisher that helped spark the development of DocBook and uses DocBook today as the canonical archival representation of its non-graphic-intensive books and articles (the vast majority). In addition, O'Reilly has started a pure-DocBook workflow for books (from author manuscript to the printer PDFs) (again, as we did this with a few generations of earlier tools)
- TortoiseSVN http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/, Subversion client that integrates with Windows Explorer, includes a ''great'' online help
- Rackspace uses DocBook for its API documentation.
- OpenStack uses DocBook for its guides and API reference documentation.
- StreamBase Systems has published its documentation generated from DocBook since 2007.
- XML Press uses DocBook for most of its publications.
- Producing Open Source Software - a how-to book by Karl Fogel and it's translations (in progress)
Individuals who are using DocBook.
Chris Maden uses a DocBook-based application to prepare training material for clients, and presented a poster on this work at Extreme Markup 2002. He also prepares white papers for clients as DocBook articles.
Togan Muftuoglu uses Docbook for the project Unofficial SuSE FAQ http://dinamizm.ath.cx
Jochen Hein uses DocBook for his website, slides for talks and workshops, his SAP notes, a book for Pearson Education (Source in DocBook, converted into Pearson-DTD with XSLT) and recently for literate programming.
Kevin Dunn wrote a book, Caveman Chemistry, using DocBook SGML. The HTML version of the book is available at Caveman Chemistry. The website uses the DocBook Website DTD and his lecture slides use the DocBookSlides DTD.
Wiki:SeanOleary is learning DocBook to help him prepare Chemical Emergency Plans.
Myrnham Associates provide Courseware Authoring, Customisation & Management software based on Docbook.
Scott Nesbitt uses DocBook XML (and occasionally SGML) to write articles, documentation, and online help. His Web site was created using the Website stylesheets, and he also uses DocBook to create presentations -- mainly with David Cramer's DocBook2OperaShow customization layer.
Arthur Tsai from Taiwan uses DocBook. And he ''doesn't'' really do programming. He use docbook format for '''diary''' and '''school-assignment that he wants to preserve'''. He just '''likes''' the idea of '''XML''' and ''hates MS's ".doc"'' format. He had used ''XHTML'', but it's ''not precise enough''. Although he thinks that docbook is ''too computer-science-specific'', he '''still''' thinks it's a '''good format'''.
Haisheng Hu is finding out the fascination of ''Docbook'' while building his new website at Silent Me. He also customized the stylesheet to fit for ''XHTML 1.1''.
Jean-Pierre Bouquillon uses Docbook Website and Slides for his website and Book for à nonprofit association of Montelimar France.
S. Alan Ezust uses Docbook for his website, course material, textbook, and other online documentation related to programming language training, in Ottawa Canada.
Chris Karakas uses DocBook for all documents on his homepage around his work. He also uses DocBook to create the documentation of his professional IT projects. For all this he uses a procedure that he describes in Document processing with LyX and SGML.
EduardoMercovich uses Docbook for any writing that it´s not in a wiki, i.e., general publishing, be it consulting, the web or special electronic editions of books. He is also trying to spread Docbook use in Argentina, so anyone interested is invited to contact him.