This is a Yeoman generator that scaffolds out a ready-to-hack web frontend with Typescript and React for components, Less for styles, and webpack for building. Think Create React App, but customised for a specific toolset and without all the hand-holding.
Install Yeoman via yarn, or npm, or whatever JS package manager is hot this week:
$ yarn global add yo
Once you've got Yeoman set up, install this generator:
$ yarn global add generator-tfountain-webstack
Create the directory in which your new project will live, then call Yeoman to scaffold out your project:
$ mkdir awesome-app $ cd awesome-app $ yo tfountain-webstack
Answer a couple of easy questions, and you'll be greeted with a ready-to-rock project. Open the directory up in your editor of choice (I like VS Code), fire up your terminal, and start a dev server with
- Typescript 3.x -- For those of us who prefer a little C# in our JS.
- Webpack 4.x -- You prefer Rollup? Browserify? Parcel? Gulp? Grunt? (!?) Great! I prefer Webpack.
- Less -- Writing straight CSS is madness, and Sass is just too much of a good thing.
- React 16.x -- It's dangerous to go alone. Here, take all of Facebook's domain knowledge and best practices with you.
- ESLint 6.x -- Look, we all make mistakes, ok?