A stylish, easy-to-use editor for LilyPond.
LilyPond is a fantastic tool for typesetting beautiful musical scores, but its learning curve is tremendous. LilyPond-UI makes writing & editing scores in LilyPond easier by providing a set of easy-to-use features in one package:
- Syntax highlighting
- In-line error and warning messages
- Adjustable two-up code and preview windows
- Easy access to the raw LilyPond output, for debugging
Getting Started (for macOS, other platforms not (yet) supported).
- Install the macOS build of LilyPond from http://lilypond.org/macos-x.html
- Download the most recent
LilyPond.Editor.dmgfrom the GitHub releases.
LilyPond.Editor.dmgand drag LilyPond Editor.app into your
LilyPond Editor, open a score, and write!
- Quickly save & render the open score with
- To just re-render the file (without saving any changes), hit
- Start fresh with a new LilyPond source file with
- Open a preferences window where you can tweak some settings with